Saturday, June 1, 2013

Reddit Challenge - Inspired by a Pattern

My "inspired by a pattern" manicure was actually inspired by a game!

My gaming group is just starting a Pathfinder game set in Ancient Greece, so I thought, why not do a Greek Key pattern on my nails.

087 Greek Key 52R

2 coats of Sinful Colors White on White - I finally switched over to my new white. My Zoya one is getting a bit thick, and it's also an off-white, so I didn't think it would work as well with this one, especially since I was going to be using a white detail polish.

On my ring finger, I did one coat of It's So Easy Stripe Rite polish in blue.

For the white nails, I used the same striper polish to add the design
On the blue nail, I used my Claire's white striper polish.
I also used these for corrections where needed. Unfortunately, the Clair's polish has a single long hair that sticks out and I couldn't find my nail scissors to trim it down, so it was a bit messy. I'll have to fix that before I try another really detailed manicure.

I think it came out pretty well.

1 comment: